Iran executed 670 in 2011, says U.N. investigator

Reuters :
GENEVA - Iran executed some 670 people last year, most of them for drug crimes that do not merit capital punishment under international law and more than 20 for offences against Islam, a United Nations investigator said on Monday.
The investigator, former Maldives foreign minister Ahmed Shaheed, also reported what he said were a wide range of violations by Iran of U.N. human rights accords, from abuse of minorities to persecution of homosexuals and labor unions.
Shaheed was delivering his first report to the U.N.’s 47-nation Human Rights Council on the rights situation in the country since being appointed last year. It was dismissed by Iran as a 'compilation of baseless allegations.’
'It is with great concern that I report the significant increase in the rate of executions in Iran from 200 in mid-September 2011 to over 600 executions by the end of the year،' Shaheed told the council.
Figures in his detailed report showed that by December 31, 421 executions had been officially announced and 249 secret ones had been reported to him by sources inside and outside the country…
He told a news conference that even among those officially executed for drug offences there were strong indications that many had originally been arrested for resisting the regime or similar offences and had the narcotics charges added later.
A table in his report showed execution, a sentence that can also be handed down in Iran for homosexual relationships, had soared steadily to near 700 from just under 100 in 2003. In 2010, it was around 550.

مأمور تحقیق سازمان ملل می‌گوید، ایران 670تن را در سال 2011 اعدام کرد
یک مأمور تحقیق سازمان ملل روز دوشنبه گفت، ایران حدود 670نفر را سال گذشته اعدام کرد، که اکثر آنها به‌خاطر جرایم مواد مخدر بود که طبق قانون بین‌المللی مستحق مجازات مرگ نیست و بیش از 20 مورد به‌خاطر توهین به اسلام بوده است.
احمد شهید، وزیر خارجه سابق مالدیو، در گزارش خود هم‌چنین به طیف گسترده‌یی از نقض توافقهای حقوق‌بشری سازمان ملل توسط ایران، از بدرفتاری با اقلیتها گرفته تا تحت پیگرد قرار دادن همجنس‌گرایان و اتحادیه‌های کارگری اشاره کرد. (خبرگزاری رویتر- 22/12/1390)
Mehr state-run News Agency :
The police has announced that the suspects and criminals [arrested during the Feast of Fire celebrations which falls on the last Tuesday of the Persian year] will be detained until the end of the new year holiday…
According to article 618 of the Islamic Penal Code, whoever causes disruption in public order or prevents people from carrying out their business by causing a commotion or carrying out unconventional measures will be sentenced from three months to a year of prison and up to 74 lashes…
Despite some short comings in carrying out the law and dealing with the transgressors of the [last Tuesday of the year] Tehran Prosecutor Abbas Jafari Dolat Abadi announced in his newest statement that the judges and police will deal firmly with disrupters who cause insecurity in the last [Tuesday] of the year.

یکسال حبس و 74 ضربه شلاق در انتظار متهمان چهارشنبه سوری
امسال پلیس اعلام کرده است متهمان و مجرمان چهارشنبه‌سوری تا پایان تعطیلات نوروزی بازداشت می‌شوند در حالی که قضاوت و نوع محکومیت برعهده دادگاه صالح (قوه قضاییه) بوده و پلیس تنها ضابط قضایی است ...
در ماده 618 قانون مجازات اسلامی‌آمده است: هر کس با هیاهو و جنجال یا حرکات غیرمتعارف یا تعرض به افراد موجب اخلال نظم و آسایش و آرامش عمومی‌گردد یا مردم را از کسب و کار باز دارد به حبس از سه ماه تا یک سال و تا (۷۴) ضربه شلاق محکوم خواهد شد...
دادستان تهران: برخورد شدید با اخلالگران نظم عمومی
اما با وجود برخی کم کاریها در اجرای قانون و برخود با متخلفان چهارشنبه پایان سال عباس جعفری دولت‌آبادی دادستان تهران در تازهترین اظهارنظر اعلام کرده قضات و پلیس با اخلالگرانی که در چهارشنبه پایان سال در شهر ناامنی ایجاد کنند برخورد شدید می‌کنند. (خبرگزاری مهر (رژیم)- 23/12/1390)
Vahed Khabar Website of Chahar Mahal and Bakhtiari :
The Assistant Head of the Public and Revolutionary Prosecutor in the province of Chahar Mahal va Bakhtiari said that three convicted rapists were hanged in the Central Shahre Kord Prison.
“The convicts kidnapped a young girl in Shahre Kord in the summer of 2009 and raped her”, Mohammad-Reza Zonia said.
“Following complaints by the [victim’s] family all three people were hanged yesterday morning after their sentences were upheld by the Judiciary”, he added.
Zonia did not name these prisoners but said they were all between 23 to 24 years old.

اعدام سه نفر در شهر کرد
سايت صدا و سيماي مرکزچهار محال و بختياري به نقل از معاون دادستان عمومي و انقلاب اسلامي استان چهارمحال و بختياري، از اعدام سه محکوم به تجاوز به عنف، در زندان مرکزي شهرکرد خبر داد. به گزارش اين سايت "محمدرضا زونيا گفت: متهمان، در مردادماه سال ۸۸ ، مبادرت به سرقت يک دختر جوان در شهرکرد کردند که بعداز تجاوز به عنف به اجبار، و با شکايت خانواده وي، هر سه نفر عليرغم دو بار ارجاع پرونده براي عفو و بخشودگي در ديوان عالي کشور و رد اين درخواست، پس از گذراندن مراحل قانوني دادياري در قوه قضائيه و با تاييد و حکم رئيس قوه قضائيه، سحرگاه ديروز(۲۰ اسفندماه ۱۳۹۰) به دار آويخته شدند". "زونيا، نام افراد را ذکر نکرد، اما سن آنها را بين ۲۳ تا ۲۴ ساله اعلام کرد". (سايت صدا و سيماي مرکزچهار محال و بختياري – 21/16/90)