Death row prisoner’s father: confessions after 17 months of torture

International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran

Father of Loghman Moradi, a Kurdish prisoner who was found guilty of “moharebeh (enmity with God), and corruption-on-earth,” and sentenced to public hanging on 22 December 2010, told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran about his son’s charges that, “he was accused of murder, and this accusation is a lie”.

“He went to Iraq two years ago to join the Komalah Organization, but when he returned to Sanandaj, he was arrested. The court sentenced him to one year in prison, but my son was released on bail four months later. I took him home from Prison myself. But they called him a month later [and told him] that he would be arrested again. My son told them that he had not done anything wrong and that he was not afraid. They called again the next day and said again that he was guilty and he was going to be arrested, and he said that he had not committed any crimes. But on the third day, when he left the house, they arrested him. We did not hear from him for the first nine months.
Wherever we went to Mariwan and Sanandaj, looking for him, we were told ‘your son is not here, we don’t know [where he is].’ Until he finally called home after he was transferred to prison and we found out where he was. Now it has been 18 months since he was arrested. At first he thought that he was re-arrested to finish his one-year prison term. He learned later what plans they have for him,” he said.

Osman Moradi, father of the Kurdish prisoner who, along with Zanyar Moradi, have been convicted of armed activities and murder of the Mariwan Friday Imam’s son on 5 July 2009, described his son’s case for the Campaign. “During the first nine months when he was at the Intelligence Office Prison, there was no murder charge in his case. Later, during the next seven months when he was held in prison, there was no such talk, either. But they returned him to the Intelligence Ministry again, and held him there for 25 days. He was tortured and abused to the point where he accepted the murder [charge]. I mean he accepted it in order to save himself from those conditions. It took them 17 months to take that confession from him,” Osman Moradi said.

“I implore those who work in the United Nations and human rights organizations to help my son, and to defend these kids. They have not committed any crimes. When you are under torture and abuse for several months, you would accept anything; they can take any kind of confession from you. If the authorities go to the prison now and ask my son again, if he admits to having done it, they are telling the truth,” he added.

Father of Loghman Moradi, one of the two death row prisoners said: “He is not a murderer, he is not a terrorist, I do not accept this charge at all. The people who know my son in Mariwan, don’t accept this accusation, either. My son was a driver and provided for family that way. I have seven children and I am sick myself. Loghman helped the poor people of Mariwan, too. He has not done anything bad. This charge is a lie”.

“When my son learned about his charge, he called and said “ask them what God they worship. I swear by that same God that I did not do this. On the day of the murder I was at work and I did not go in the direction of the murder location. I heard the news when I returned home.’ My son said ‘If I was a murderer, I would have fled during the month that I was out. I would not sit in my home to be arrested.’ If a person has committed a crime, he would not sit in his home for them to come and capture him. He was forced to make a confession under torture,” said Osman Moradi.

“Our telephone contact with him has been caught off for the past eight days, and it’s not clear where he is. We have no information about my son. We don’t know whether he is well or sick. We don’t know. They have not allowed us to visit with him for the past three months. His mother always went to visit him. I have not been able to see my son for 18 months now, because I had liver disease and I was under treatment. I couldn’t go to visit him and to help him. Now that I can, they won’t allow me anymore,” said Osman Moradi about his son’s current conditions inside the Rajaee Shahr Prison in Karaj.

“We don’t know why they transferred my son’s case to Tehran. He was arrested here and he was inside the Sanandaj Prison, but three months ago they transferred him to Rajaee Shahr Prison in Karaj, and he was banned from having visitors after that,” said Loghman Moradi’s father.

“My son is 25 years old. He is neither a murderer, nor a terrorist. This kid had never been to a police station or prison befoe. I don’t know why they accused him or murder. I am an illiterate man myself, and I don’t understand the law. His lawyer has objected to the ruling and has also asked for clemency. We have not yet received the outcome from the Supreme Court. We don’t know whether they would reject the ruling or not,” he added.

On Wednesday, 22 December 2010, Branch 15 of Tehran Revolutionary Courts sentenced Loghman Moradi and Zanyar Moradi to death on charges of “membership in Komalah Party,” and “involvement in the murder of the Mariwan Friday Imam’s son on the eve of 5 July 2009. The two prisoners have stated that they were forced to admit to the murder under torture.

پدر لقمان مرادي، زنداني محکوم به اعدام: پسرم زير شکنجه و پس از ۱۷ ماه مجبور به پذيرفتن قتل شده است
پدر لقمان مرادي، زنداني کرد که در دادگاه بدوي در تاريخ اول دي ماه به اتهام “محاربه و مفسد في الارض” به اعدام در ملاعام محکوم شده است در خصوص اتهام فرزندش به کمپين بين المللي حقوق بشر در ايران گفت: « به او اتهام قتل زده اند در حاليکه تهمت و دروغ است. او دو سال پيش به عراق رفته بود و عضو گروه کومله شد، اما وقتي به سنندج برگشت دستگير شد و دادگاه به او حکم يکسال زندان را داد اما پس از ۴ ماه پسرم با قرار وثيقه آزاد شد. خودم او را از زندان به خانه برگرداندم. اما يکماه بعد به او زنگ زدند که تو دوباره دستگير مي شوي، پسرم گفت که من گناهي نکردم و نمي ترسم. دوباره فردايش بهش زنگ زدند و باز گفتند تو گناهکاري و دستگير مي شوي، او هم گفت که من گناهي نکردم. اما روز سوم که از خانه بيرون رفت دستگيرش کردند. ما ۹ ماه اول هيچ خبري از او نداشتيم هر جا در مريوان و سنندج مي رفتيم مي گفتند پسرت اينجا نيست، ما نمي دانيم. تا بالاخره بعد از آنکه به زندان منتقل شد به خانه زنگ زد و ما فهيمديم او کجاست. الان هم ۱۸ ماه است که از دستگيريش مي گذرد.اوايل فکر مي کرده که بازداشت دوباره او براي گذراندن همان يکسال حکمش است اما بعد فهميد که چه نقشه اي برايش کشيدند.»
عثمان مرادي، پدر اين زنداني کرد که به همراه زانيار مرادي به اتهام اقدامات مسلحانه و قتل پسر امام جمعه مريوان در شب ۱۴ تير ۸۸ به اعدام محکوم شده است درباره روند اتهام گفت: « ۹ ماه اول که در زندان اداره اطلاعات بود در پرونده اش خبري از اتهام قتل نبود بعد هم که براي هفت ماه زندان رفت باز هم چنين چيزي مطرح نبود اما او را دوباره به وزارت اطلاعات بردند و ۲۵ روز نگه داشتند. و آنقدر شکنجه و آزارش دادند که قتل را قبول کرد، يعني قبول کرده براي آنکه از آن وضعيت نجات پيدا کند. ۱۷ ماه طول کشيد تا اين اعتراف را از او گرفتند.»
پدر لقمان مرادي در خصوص درخواستش از سازمان هاي حقوق بشر گفت: «من تمنا دارم از کساني که در سازمان ملل و سازمان هاي حقوق بشري کار مي کنند به پسرم کمک کنند، از اين بچه ها دفاع کنند.اينها گناهي نکردند.وقتي چند ماه زير شکنجه و آزار باشيد هر چيزي را قبول مي کنيد، مي توانند هر اعترافي از آدم بگيرند. حالا مسولان بروند و از پسرم در زندان دوباره بپرسند اگر او الان گفت که اين کار را کرده است آنوقت آنها راست مي گويند.»
پدر لقمان مرادي، زنداني ديگر در ليست اعدام گفت: « او قاتل نيست، تروريست نيست.من اصلا چنين اتهامي را قبول ندارم. مردمي هم که در مريوان پسرم را مي شناسند اين اتهام را قبول ندارند. پسر من راننده بود و خرج خانواده را مي داد. من ۷ بچه دارم و خودمم مريضم. لقمان به مردم فقير مريوان هم کمک مي کرد. او کار بدي نکرده است. اين اتهام دروغ است.»
عثمان مرادي گفت:«وقتي پسرم از حکمش باخبر شد زنگ زد و گفت به بقيه بگوييد شما چه خدايي را مي پرستيد ، به همان خدا قسم که من اين کار را نکردم . من اصلا در روز قتل سرکار بودم و از مسير قتل رد نشدم، وقتي به خانه برگشتم خبر را شنيدم. پسرم مي گفت اگر من قاتل بودم يکماهي که در بيرون زندان بودم فرار مي کردم، در خانه نمي نشستم که بيايند دستگيرم کنند؟ واقعا اگر آدم گناه کار باشد که در خانه اش نمي نشيند تا بيايند مچش را بگيرند. او زير شکنجه مجبور به اعتراف شده است.»
عثمان مرادي درخصوص وضعيت فعلي پسرش در زندان رجايي شهر کرج گفت:« هشت روز است که تلفنش قطع شده و معلوم نيست کجاست. هيچ اطلاعي از پسرم نداريم. نمي دانيم که حالش خوب است، مريض است. نمي دانيم. از سه ماه پيش هم اجازه ملاقات ندادند. مادرش هميشه قبل از آن به ملاقاتش مي رفت. من خودم ۱۸ ماه است که پسرم را نديدم چون بيماري کبد داشتم و تحت درمان بودم، نمي توانستم به ملاقات بروم و به پسرم کمک کنم الان هم که مي توانم ديگر اجازه نمي دهند.»
پدر لقمان مرادي زنداني بازداشت شده درباره انتقال پرونده پسرش به تهران نيز گفت:« نمي دانيم براي چه پرونده پسرم را به تهران بردند، او اينجا دستگير شد و در زندان سنندج بود اما سه ماه پيش او را به زندان رجايي شهر کرج منتقل کردند و از آن به بعد ممنوع ملاقات شد.»
پدر لقمان مرداي درباره پيگيري وضعيت پسرش گفت: « بچه من ۲۵ سالش است، او نه قاتل است و نه تروريست. اين بچه تا به حال به پاسگاه و زندان هم نرفته بود. نمي دانم چرا اتهام قتل به او زدند، من خودم بي سوادم و از قانون سر در نمي آورم وکيلش روي پرونده اش اعتراض گذاشته و در خواست عفو نيز داده است که هنوز جوابش از ديوان عالي کشور نيامده است. ونمي دانيم حکمش را مي شکنند يا نه.»
لقمان مرادي و زانيار مرادي روز چهارشنبه اول دي ماه، به حکم قاضي صلواتي در دادگاه شعبه ۱۵ انقلاب تهران به اتهام عضويت در حزب “کومله” و دست داشتن در قتل پسر امام جمعه مريوان در شامگاه ۱۴ تير ۱۳۸۸ به اعدام محکوم کرده است. اين درحاليستکه اين دو زنداني اعلام کرده اند که زير شکنجه مجبور به پذيرفتن قتل شده اند. (کمپين بين المللي حقوق بشر در ايران- 13/11/89)


Post a Comment