Behrooz writes from Prison:


Behrouz Javid Tehrani is a 27 years old pro-democracy student activist who was first imprisoned during the July 9th 1999 (18 Tir) student protests.
He served 4 years in prison and was released in 2004. However he did not stop his activities and continued to fight against human rights abuses and injustice in Iran.
He was re-arrested a few months after his release and imprisoned once again.
Tehrani has continued his human rights work inside the prison walls, and because of this he was transferred to Gohardasht (Rajaii Shahr) Prison, where some of the most dangerous criminals are kept.
He has been attacked and beaten both by prisoners and prison guards on numerous occasions. The Regime has done everything possible to make him stop his activities and has not been successful. There is great fear that they may do the one and only thing that can silence Tehrani, and that is to execute him. We need to bring the attention of the International Community to guarantee his safety and make sure he is not executed



In a letter in April 2009, Tehrani wrote:

“Here, the ghastly executioners have exceeded all inhumane boundaries. I have no other alternative but to resort to hunger strike and seek your support to find a safe haven for me
Today, 6 April 2009, when my sister came to visit me, the barbaric behaviour of my jailers towards me and my sister in the visitors’ hall annihilated my patience. They not only subjected me to the most disgraceful and humiliating type of body search and inspection, and even confiscated the smallest piece of paper and a phone number I was carrying, but they also did worse than that to my sister. The visitor’s hall’s wardens, Misters Islamic, Ahmadi and Khosravi, and Mrs. Shahbazi behaved most callously towards me and my family who had only come to visit me. They only granted us 3 minutes just to be awkward with us. My sister had tried for a month to be given the chance to visit me and had travelled from Tehran to Karaj. And yet they only gave us 3 minutes to talk. Our objections to their behaviour only caused more violence towards us. This kind of behaviour was of course contrived by the management and higher authorities of “Gohardasht” prison.
The day Amir Heshmat Saran died (Murdered) under extremely suspicious circumstances, the prison authorities instructed us to keep quiet about it and not to mention anything to anyone. As everyone knows, we did quite the opposite and exposed the circumstances under which Amir Heshmat lost his life.
For sometime now, no one in this prison has been following up my ill health. My health has been deteriorating due to the inflicted tortures by the “Ministry for Security”. The prison clinic at “Rajayee Shahr” prison refuses to refer me to a civilian hospital as I need to have a M.R.I. scan done to diagnose my illnesses. I have been suffering from the loss of 50% of my vision due to blows to the back of my head which has partially damaged the rear side of my brain.
Today, in my family’s presence, the head warden threatened me: “You counter revolutionary idiot, you will soon join your friend Saran”!
Dear compatriots, I have been captive for over ten years as a political prisoner; since the students’ uprising on 9 July 1998. Have I any option other than starting a hunger strike?
Behrooz Javid Tehrani

The last survivor of 9 July students’ uprising in Rajayee Shahr prison
6 April 2009[


Blogs for Berooz
Kianoosh Sanjari on Behrooz
http://sos-tehrani.blogspot.com/
http://kavehsh.mihanblog.com/post/63

His last revelation from inside the prison revealing a repugnant gang exchanging body parts of prisoners in prison to the outside who are actually prison officials !
Read the report in farsi

The report in English

His page in FaceBook
Link to page


Please distribute the petition for ALL to SIGN

http://www.petitiononline.com/behrooz/petition.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top