Arjang Davoudi asks for suspension of regime's UN membership


NCRI

In a letter addressed to the “free peoples of the world” on day 64 of his hunger strike, Arjang Davoudi also recounted pressures and inhumane actions committed by the regime against political prisoners.

After a two-month hunger strike, Mr. Davoudi’s physical condition is reportedly rapidly deteriorating.

“I am now entering day 65 of my hunger strike,” he wrote in his letter, adding, “I salute those who have lost their lives for the sake of freedom for humanity.”

“I strongly urge free nations, democratic peoples, and human rights institutions, especially the UN Human Rights Council and UN Secretary General, His Excellency Ban Ki-Moon, to ensure that the regime ruling Iran complies with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Otherwise, the regime’s membership at the UN must be suspended.”

Mr. Davoudi added, “I will remain adamant about the 200-year-old ideals of the freedom-seeking and democratic movement of Iranians until my very last breath.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top