Persian2english


Majid Tavakoli, a political prisoner currently held in ward 7 of Evin prison, was previously transferred to solitary confinement as a result of criticizing a representative of the Prosecutor’s office in Tehran. Majid Tavakoli, who began a dry hunger strike in protest to his transfer to solitary confinement, was returned to the general ward of the prison earlier than expected as a result of his perseverance and the extensive support he received from the public.

Majid Tavakoli informed Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), “Earlier, I sent a short message through my family to all those who supported me. At that time, I was physically weak, and due to the lack of communication inside the prison, I was unaware of the widespread and extensive nature of the support for my situation. It is with great gratitude and humbleness that I decided to express my appreciation in a second letter.”

The Will of My Nation Creates Victory

By MAJID TAVAKOLI

I would like to begin by expressing my happiness, gratitude, and deep appreciation to the great nation of Iran. I am thrilled to have been born in a country where the desire for freedom and humanity is filled with the essential qualities of nobility, strength, and power. The great spirit that exists is a source of light against the masters of tyranny who conspire throughout the night, invalidating and washing out their oppression and intimidation.

I went from a hunger strike in solitary confinement to witnessing the compassion, empathy, and the victorious will of the people of my nation. It has made me look back at the difficulties and bitterness of those days [in solitary confinement] with happiness and pride. The level of sympathy and support expressed by the Green people of my nation has left me at a loss for words. It is with tears of joy that I humbly address the grand people of Iran – tears of joy that express my immense gratitude for their sympathy, kindness, and solidarity. I humbly thank them for their humanity, their continued desire for freedom, and also for proving once again that they will never leave their friends alone.

I would like to thank every prisoner for their solidarity and for speaking with one voice. I want them to know that we will always be in this together. I would like to thank all the leaders who proved that they are noble mothers and fathers of the Green Movement. I would like to thank all mothers who have imprisoned children and all those who have lost their spouse, child, or parent to this cause. I would like to thank all those mothers who have gone beyond their role as wives and mothers to political prisoners. They have become champions of the Green ideals of our nation during a time of such intense oppression and intimidation.

I would like to thank the noble young women of my nation who were the cause of my mother’s tears of joy. They have given me the greatest gift of all, to know what it feels like to have sisters of my own. I would like to thank all my brothers, the proud young boys of my nation who stood tall and proved that they are all Majid and that Majid will never be alone.

My gratitude for the students of our nation cannot be over expressed. I would like to thank them once again and I am forever humbled by their kindness and support. I would also like to thank the security and administrative personnel at the prison and the hospital for the support and sympathy they showed toward me. I thank them for turning their backs on those who have abandoned humanity and who are so determined to teach a lesson that they neglect the rights of prisoners in the process. Last, but not least, I would like to thank my family, in particular my mother and father. They are my Green role models who taught me as a child the importance of strength, courage, and honesty – they continue to teach me the same today.

It is only befitting that the month of June be referred to as the people’s month. I would like to allow myself to think of this incident as a large victory; a victory for the solidarity and sympathy shown by the people; a victory for the dynamic media and the effective spreading of the news; a victory for the people who, regardless of their pain and difficulties, remembered each other and stood together with one voice; and a victory for the media that was not intimidated to shatter censorship.

I am joyful that this evil tyranny is revealed. I am joyful that the advocates of human rights made it possible for the cries of justice by the Iranian nation to be heard by the world and international institutions. I am grateful and happy to know that the slightest news (such as my transfer from the general ward to solitary confinement, my hunger strike, deteriorating physical condition, internal bleeding, and my transfer to Taleghani hospital and back to Evin prison) was spread fast, proving that the walls of censorship are crumbling around us and demonstrating the greatness of free media and the freedom-seeking reporters and messengers of my nation.

This victory and solidarity was a lesson for our future. It taught us that if there is a will, and if we are in sync with what we want, then it will happen. Tyranny cannot hide its real face forever. It will eventually retreat under the pressure of the people’s demands and desires.

I would like to once again express my gratitude and congratulate the Green people of my nation.

May 30, 2010
Majid Tavakoli
Evin Prison, Hall 3 Ward 7

Translation: Negar Irani | Edited by: Persian2English.com





اراده ی مردم سرزمینم پیروزی آفرید/ نامه ی مجید توکلی از زندان اوین

مجید توکلی زندای سیاسی محبوس در اندرزگاه 7 زندان اوین که چندی پیش به دلیل اعتراض به معاون دادستانی به سلول انفرادی منتقل و در آنجا دست به اعتصاب غذای خشک زده بود؛ در اثر مقاومت خود و حمایت های صورت گرفته زودتر از موعد مقرر توسط مسئولین زندان به بند عمومی منتقل شد.

آقای مجید توکلی به خبرگزاری هرانا اعلام کرد پیشتر پیام کوتاهی را از طریق خانواده ام خطاب به حمایت کنندگان فرستاده بودم، اما از آنجایی که به دلیل وضعیت جسمی نامناسب و عدم اطلاع از گستردگی حمایت ها آن پیام کوتاه را آن طور که باید و شاید در خور و شایسته نمی دانم، نامه ای خطاب به ایشان نگاشته و انتشار آن را ضروری می دانم.

متن کامل این نامه به شرح زیر است:

آنجا که باید سراسر تشکر و قدردانی از عظمت ملتی بزرگ باشد، فقط از شادی و خوشحالی باید شروع کرد.

خوشحالم در زمانه و سرزمینی به دنیا آمده ام که آزادی خواهی و انسانیت با نهادهای پاک انسان های رسته از صفوف قدرت و ثروت عجین است و این روح بزرگ در این شب اندیشی اربابان استبداد، چنان فروغ و ضیایی دارد که پندار باطل بیداد را ضایل و نقش بر آب ساخته است.

من از چند روز انفرادی و اعتصاب سخت به تماشای “همدلی و پیروزی اراده ی مردم” رسیده ام. امروز چنان شده که سختی و تلخی این چند روز برایم شیرین است و در بیان عظمت همدلی و حمایت مردم سبز سرزمینم زبانم الکن است و گریه ای از شوق جاری می کنم تا نشانی از احساس شرمندگی و کوچکی در برابر این همه بزرگی ایرانیان باشد و حقیقت ماجرا این است که اشک شوق در برابر این بزرگی انسانیت و ایمان یک ملت تنها بیان گویاست تا تشکر کنم از عظمت مهربانی و همدلی و همراهی و آزادی خواهی و انسانیت همه ی کسانی که ثابت کرده اند دوستانشان را تنها نمی گذارند.

و باید تشکر کنم و تشکر می کنم از همه ی زندانیانی که باز هم داستان همراهی و همسرایی مان تکرار شد و بدانند که ما همیشه با هم هستیم. تشکر می کنم از رهبرانی که نشان دادند پدران و مادرانی نیک برای جنبش سبز هستند. تشکر می کنم از مادرانی که خود عزیزانی در بند دارند و مادرانی که خود روزگاری همسر و فرزند و پدر شهید دادند. تشکر می کنم از مادرانی که امروز فراتر از نقش همسری و مادری زندانیان سیاسی پیش برنده ی آرمان های سبز سرزمینان در دوران شدت یافتن سرکوب و ارعاب هستند. تشکر می کنم از دختران نیک سرزمینم که گریه ی شوق مادرم را جاری کردند و امروز از زبان مادرم به آرزویم که – داشتن خواهر است – رسیده ام. تشکر می کنم از برادرانم – پسران ایستاده ی سرزمینم – که همه ثابت کرده اند مجید اند و مجید تنها نیست. از دانشجویان هم به خصوص باید بگویم که دین گران ایشان همیشه مرا شرمنده کرده است. و این بار از پرسنل انتظامی و اداری زندان و بیمارستان هم باید تشکر کنم که حمایت و همدلی ایشان از من و دهن کجی شان – به عده ای آدمیت فروخته که در پی درس عبرت سازی در بی توجهی به اعتراض به حقوق از دست رفته ی زندانیان هستند- را نیک به نمایش گذاشتند و سرانجام تشکر می کنم از خانواده ام و به خصوص از مادرم که در کنار پدرم معلمان سبز و استقامت و شجاعت و صداقت کودکی تا امروزم بودند و هستند.

چه نیکوست که خرداد را ماه مردم گفتند و به خود اجازه ی جسارت می دهم که این اتفاق را پیروزی بزرگ بدانم. “پیروزی همدلی مردم و پیروزی پویایی رسانه ها”. مردمی که در همه ی تلخی ها، در کنار هم بودن را فراموش نکرده اند و همدل و هم صدا مانده اند و رسانه هایی که سد سانسور ارعاب و تهدید را شکستند. خوشحالم که یک شیطنت استبداد به رسوایی استبداد انجامید. خوشحالم که منادیان حقوق بشر فریاد تظلم خواهی ایرانیان را به گوش جهانیان و مقر نشینان نهادهای بین المللی رساندند. خوشحالم که ثابت شد کوچک ترین اخبار – از انتقال به انفرادی و اعتصاب غذا و وخامت حال و خونریزی داخلی و انتقال به بیمارستان های طالقانی و اوین و…- در اندک زمانی مخابره می شود و این نشان از شکسته شدن سد ها و فیلتر ها دارد. نشان از عظت رسانه های مستقل و آزاد دارد و نشان از آزادی خبرنگاران و گزارشگران سرزمینم.

این پیروزی و حمایت درسی بود برای فردای همه ی ما که اگر مردم بخواهند اما … خواهد شد. استبداد نمی تواند خواسته اش را جامه ی عمل بپوشاند و به سرعت در برابر خواست و حمایت مردم عقب می نشیند. من فقط تشکر می کنم و تبریک می گویم به همه ی مردم سبز سرزمینم.

9 خرداد 1389

مجید توکلی

سالن 3 اندرزگاه 7
زندان اوین

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top